If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (501) 776-2222

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

The Leading Cause of Housefires in Saline County

7/10/2023 (Permalink)

Most Fire Damage in Saline County is caused by Everyday Household Accidents. 

When you think of the common causes of house fires, you may imagine extraordinary situations causing widespread damage. In reality, however, residential fires are most often caused by everyday household accidents. 

SERVPRO of Saline County and Hot Springs is a leading expert in fire and smoke damage restoration and has effectively dealt with fire and smoke damage of all kinds and severity levels. Based on our experience, most house fires are not caused by unique events such lightning strikes, wildfires, or arson. Most commonly, fires in the home result from fairly common accidents, such as unattended cooking or improperly extinguishing a grease fire. 

Common accidents that may lead to fire and smoke damage:

  • Forgetting to turn off cooking appliances and electronic devices (Clothing irons, ovens or ranges, hair styling tools, etc.) 
  • Out of control grease fires that occur while cooking
  • Falling asleep on a couch or in your bed with a lit cigarette
  • Electrical shorts or exposed wiring 
  • Overheating halogen lamps and other light sources 
  • Children playing with appliances, electrical devices, lighters, or matches
  • Unattended candles or other open flames

When remediating fire-damaged homes, clean-up and fire restoration technicians usually determine that one or more of these situations has caused the blaze. 

With that in mind, if your home has experienced a fire and you need help cleaning up the damage, call our team at SERVPRO of Saline County and Hot Springs. Our skilled and well-equipped professionals are ready for your call 24/7 at (501) 409-6557.

Other News

View Recent Posts